quarta-feira, outubro 18, 2006

Gazing into nowhere

The streets of Soho and Picadilly are always crowed at the afternoons and nights, specially in the weekends. People from almost every part of the globe mixed in a struggling walking block smile excited around the lights of Piccadilly Circus.
There was I at near Dean Street when I saw a teenager walking dow Shaftsbury Avenue hugged with an older women, who was probably her mother; just behind them a mature man and a kid, maybe the rest of the family. Like all the turists in that Saturday afternoon, they were taking a walk for that amazing area, but surprisingly I noticed an expression in the eyes of that girl: far from that noised place, she gazed into nowhere. Usually we can find among many crazy people the same way of looking at the horizon... so, it was not just about gazing, it was about gazing with an absolute calm suffering.
After she passed by me, I took that image into my thoughts trying to get a logical meaning for that sad eyes, so I remembered sometimes I gaze into my window thinking about what is the sense of nonsense lives and often is easy to became a little depressed.
Even a beautiful Saturday afternoon, at an exciting place, is not good enough to take my deep thoughts away, and being blind to other things is an innocent strategy to see the answers we strive to find, many times, unusefully.